So Wednesday my friend Christy was nominated for a Liebster Award on her blog, Blessings in Waiting and in turn, she nominated some other small blogs, including yours truly. Here’s the deal:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link bank to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
Now I don’t care either way if my blog is promoted and this isn’t something I’d normally do, but I thought it might be fun. I don’t know of 11 more people with small blogs so I’m afraid I’ll have to skip that one (sorry!)
11 facts about me!
- I adore reading! The library is awesome, smells like books, is quiet, and free!
- I love coffee, but mostly drink tea since neither of my parents like coffee and never had it in the house.
- I have always loved STAR WARS and used to use whiffle bats as lightsabers and play with my neighbors. I was pretty good too!
- I hat listening to flute music – even though that’s my main instrument!!
- I am the oldest of four.
- I taught myself piano and am currently teaching myself guitar with some clarinet and violin on the side. I want to learn cello or oboe.
- I read Ben Hur in 5th grade. For fun. (side note, I hate romance novels)
- I want to start a scholarship.
- I love British television and could possibly adore anyone with a Scottish or British accent.
- I wore a dead corsage to my senior banquet since I didn’t have a date. Yep… classy…
- Finally, I want to travel the world with Operation Renewed Hope as a Pharmacist!
11 questions to answer
1. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Definitely New Zealand!
2. If there was one thing that you wish you could change about your personality what would it be?
I wish I could have a more subdued or at least more consistent personality. I hate it when I’m quiet and suddenly burst out with something ludicrous.
3. Favorite animal?
That would have to be the tardigrade. If you don’t know what it is, you’re missing out.
4. If you could have lunch with anyone living or dead, real or fictional who would it be and why?
Ooh, tough one. Probably Elisabeth Bennet and/or Mr. Darcy for a fictional choice and Julie Andrews for real.
5. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I needed to get into the habit of writing consistently since I am a terrible writer and journaling just wasn’t doing it for me.
6. Cat person or Dog person?
7. How did you come up the name for your blog?
Original title was “Don’t Mind Me” because I was afraid of all the scary people on the internet then it changed to “Random Ramblings” cos that’s pretty much what it is here 🙂
8. Tea or Coffee? Hot or Iced?
I love black coffee, but I regularly drink iced green tea throughout the year and hot Oolong tea in the winter.
9. What do you aspire to do or be in your life? Your biggest dream?
As a Christian my ultimate goal is to glorify Christ of course. But my biggest dream is really giving back.
10. What is your favorite book/author?
I really enjoyed the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini but also love not a fan. by Kyle Idleman.
11. What is your favorite thing to do to waste/pass the time?
Pinterest or read a good book!
11 questions to ask
Now since I’m not able to tag anyone, this is open to all y’alls!! comment below please and thank-you!
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- Who has influenced you the most?
- What’s your favorite colour?
- How would others describe you?
- What are some of your aspirations?
- What makes you unique?
- Can you speak another language?
- What music do you like to listen to?
- What are you talented at?
- If you could give back to someone regardless of the constraints of time or money, who, what and why?
- What verse do you claim for your life right now?
Well that’s everything I guess. Have a great Friday!